Bringing you hundreds of thousands of movies, music albums, audiobooks, comic books, and more! Simple to access and use – titles are on demand and there is no need to worry about returns.
Using the hoopla Website
- Go to www.hoopladigital.com. Click the Get Started button in the middle of webpage.
- Fill out the pop-up webform with your email and password and click Continue.
- Choose Parkland Regional Library (AB). Click Next.
- Enter your library card barcode (no spaces) and PIN and check off the I agree to allow hoopla to verify and exchange my hoopla registration information with my public library option. Click Next.
- Choose whether to receive email notifications and click SIGN ME UP.
- Browse hoopla’s contents. To switch between formats, click Browse at the top of the page and select the format you’re looking for.
- When you find a title you want to borrow, click the cover. Then click Borrow.
- Your borrowed titles can be found under My Hoopla. Click Play to view.
Titles are only available to stream through the hoopla website. To download on a tablet or smartphone, follow the instructions below.
Using the hoopla App
- Download the hoopla Digital app from the app store on your device.
- If you don’t have a hoopla account, tap the Sign Up button. You will be asked to allow GPS location. Tap Allow. A second permission screen asking to access device location will appear. Tap Allow.
- Choose Parkland Regional Library (AB) as your library.
- In the form, enter your valid email address, create a password, enter your library barcode and PIN and choose Yes, I agree to allow hoopla to verify and exchange my registration information with my public library. You may also agree to receive promotional email communications and notifications from hoopla (optional). Tap Sign Up.
- To browse titles select a format at the bottom of the app.
- When you find a title you want to borrow, tap the cover. Then tap Borrow. If the title doesn’t automatically begin downloading, tap Download.
- Once the item has downloaded, you will be able to read/view without Wifi.