Under the direction of the Library Manager or senior staff member on duty, the library page performs tasks related to the maintenance of materials and shelves.Duties and Responsibilities
a) Shelving, reading, and tidying of shelves
b) Repairing books including covering and reinforcing of new books
c) Library closing duties that include but are not limited to:
• checking for books in the book drop
• ensuring the library is neat and tidy before closing
d) Helping with duties related to the circulation desk
e) Other duties as assigned by the Library Manager or designate
Minimum: 14 years of age or older with an interest in libraries, reading, or books.
Working knowledge of computers and a knowledge of library procedures is desirable.
a) Required to lift, carry, or move library materials weighing 5-10 kg, with occasional lifting of items up to 30 kg.
b) Able to reach a range of shelves between 5 cm and 200 cm above floor level.
Hours of Work
This is a part-time position that requires evening and weekend work.
email Crystal Friars at email@example.com
or drop-off you resume at the Library:
Stettler Public Library
6202 44 Ave
August 11th 2018
Volunteer Positions: Youth Board Member
The Stettler Public Library Board is seeking new members in grades 7 to 12 who want to gain leadership experience and help make the library a better place. The only commitment is attending a monthly evening board meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of every month (except July and August), and helping at occasional events.
Who Are We Looking For?
• Youth who are interested in developing their leadership skills and who want to contribute to their community.
• Youth with all kinds of backgrounds and experiences.
What Will You Do?
• Help plan events
• Promote the library to others
• Meet new people and community leaders
Why Should You Apply?
• Gain practical leadership experience that you can use in future employment and leadership roles
• Contribute to your community
• Have fun and meet new people
To apply, email:
Read and Rhyme Co-ordinator
Under the direction of the library manager or senior staff member on duty, the co-ordinator develops, plans, and implements programming for ages 0-5 the Stettler Public Library’s Read and Rhyme program. Read and Rhyme takes place five times a week in the morning beginning at 10:30 am (two sessions for newborn to one year; three sessions for 0 to 5 yrs). One hour per program session is allotted for planning and for preparation of materials (10 hours/week in total for regular sessions).
The co-ordinator also develops 8-10 special events per year for ages 0-5 on weekday mornings. Additional hours are allocated for special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assessing, with the library manager, the programming needs for Read & Rhyme.
* Developing activity plans and documenting procedures.
* Preparing, conducting, and monitoring regular programs including such activities as reading, songs, games, storytelling, physical fitness activities, or dramatic play.
* Organizing activity area (toys, tablets, activity materials, filling book displays, moving furniture, etc.) before and after Read and Rhyme.
* Responsible for reporting on program successes and making recommendations for improvement in the future.
* Performing other related duties as required.
* The applicant should enjoy spending time with children and have good organizational skills.
* A diploma in early childhood education or experience working with children is an asset.
* As a condition of employment, the successful applicant must submit a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Screen.
Please apply with a résumé and cover letter to:
Stettler Public Library
6202 - 44th Avenue
Stettler, AB T0C 2L1
Application deadline: Friday September 14, 2018
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.